Slip and Falls
Slips & falls are no joke when they result in serious injuries and drastically interfere with your everyday life. Interferences could range from many lost days of work and lost money to fractures to permanent life-altering injuries. In fact, falls are the second leading cause for brain and spinal cord injury. Slip & falls are extremely common with people falling every day. Falls account for over 8 million emergency room visits, representing over 21% of visits. One of three individuals over the age of 65 will experience a fall, and more than 15,000 of individuals over 65 die as a result. Individuals often sustain serious injuries while on another’s private or public property due to hazards on the premises. The owner of the property has the duty to take reasonable steps in ensuring the property is safe for others to enter by either correcting the hazards or providing warnings. You may have a claim against the property owner if the owner failed to uphold their duty while you were on their property.
If you slipped and fell while in a business or public establishment, such as a store, restaurant, hospital or a parking lot, or was traveling on the premises of an establishment, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and losses. Potential hazards a property owner may be liable for include but are not limited to:
- Snow, black ice, and/or other hazards caused by inclement weather and storms.
- Slippery, damaged, or irregular staircases.
- Structural defects caused by the property owner failing to comply with government regulations.
- Tripping hazards caused by ill maintained flooring or carpeting or uneven pavement.
- Wet and slippery floors caused by spilled liquids and/or food.
- Unsecured or falling objects.
- Improperly restrained animals.
- Debris or clutter in a walkway.
- Lack of warning signs on the premises regarding known hazards of the property.
Here at Mitcheson & Lee, our personal injury attorneys will work quickly to get you the compensation you rightfully deserve. Slip & fall cases can become very complex, often involving issues of whether the property owner was aware of the dangerous hazards on his or her property, who the liable parties are, and insurance disputes. Our experienced attorneys know where they would have to look for evidence to support your claim as well as what they have to do to get you the maximum amount of recovery. Compensation for slip & fall cases may include but are not limited to:
- Medical Bills (including current and future medical expenses).
- Loss Wages from having to take time off of work as a result of the slip & fall.
- Loss Earning Capacity.
- Pain and Suffering.
At Mitcheson & Lee, our knowledgeable personal injury attorneys are ready to fight for your rights. We care about your wellbeing and livelihood. The goal at our firm is to obtain justice and maximum compensation for our clients and their loved ones. If you or someone you know was injured in a slip and fall, please contact Mitcheson & Lee at (617) 939-4388 or (781) 223-3635 to schedule a complimentary consultation.